With the slogan, What a feeling, the Maltese public television, TVM, decided to hold a national final for the selection of its participation in Eurovision 2022. Thus, MESC returns for the first time after 2018.
We already know the 22 artists and songwriters who will compete in the MESC 2022 Semifinal, but we also had the opportunity to listen to excerpts from the candidate songs.
The Lyric Videos of the 22 songs, which will compete in MESC 2022, were recently revealed through the social media of Malta for Eurovision.
You can listen to the candidate songs in the list below by clicking on the song titles:
- Nicole Hammett – A lover’s heart
- Jessica Grech – Aphrodisiac
- Janice Mangion – Army
- Denise Mercieca – Boy
- Matt BLXCK – Come Around
- Baklava Ft Nicole – Electric Indigo
- Sarah Bonnici – Heaven
- Richard Micallef – Hey Little
- Norbert Bondin – How special you are
- Derrick Schembri – II
- Nicole Azzopardi – Into The Fire
- Jessica Muscat – Kaleidoscope
- Miriana Conte – Look what you’ve done now
- Emma Muscat – Out of Sight
- Raquel Galdes Briffa – Over You
- Jade Vella – REVELACIÓN
- Francesca Sciberras – Rise
- Aidan Cassar – Ritmu
- Mark Anthony Bartolo – Serenity
- Enya Magri – Shame
- Malcolm Pisani – We came for love
- Rachell Lowell – White Doves
Among the artists is Jessica Muscat who represented San Marino at Eurovision 2018. Also, the representative of the country in 2014, Richard Micallef, but also the representative of Malta at Junior Eurovision 2010, Nicole Azzopardi. Of course, many candidates have a lot of experience in MESC, as they have tried several times in the past to represent the island of the Knights in the competition.
Out of the 22 participants, only 16 will advance to the Final. The Semifinal will take place on February 17, while the Final on Saturday, February 19.
Malta was represented last year by Destiny, with Je Me Casse, finishing seventh in the final:
Did you single out any of the MESC 2022 songs? Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all news regarding Malta’s participation in Eurovision.