The time for Moldova to select the song and artist who will represent them at the 66th Eurovision Song Contest in May has arrived.
The Moldovan public broadcaster, TRM, will internally select the artist who will be competing in Turin, with today’s live auditions largely determining the final selection.
According to yesterday’s TRM press release, the decision not to hold a national final is directly linked to the epidemiological situation in the country, which is at the mercy of the Omicron mutation.
A total of twenty-eight artists with twenty-nine songs are competing to represent Moldova in Turin.
The candidates are:
- Annet Smirnova – Toxic Eyes
- Denis Midone – Run Away
- Dianna Rotaru – My Time Is Now
- Katy Rain – Lele
- Naminal – Stop Tonight
- Ricky Ardezianu – Cherche la femme
- Sasha Bognibov – (I Just Had) Sex with Your Ex & My Friend Is Gay
- The Tramps – Sky Blues
- Trio Eva – Get a Kiss
- Y-Limit – Nothing More
- Tudor Bumbac – Iartă-mă că te iubesc
- Carolina Gorun & Danieli Shvets – Take Me Anywhere
- Emilia Vlas – Yama
- Lemonique – Boys
- Marcela Scripcaru – Starlight
- Maxim Zavidia – Ready
- Mihaela Andrei – Libre
- Zdob și Zdub & Fratii Advahov – Trenulețul
- Lanjeron – Magic Carpet
- Pelageya Stefoglo – I’m the Only One
- Ana Cernicova – Silent Battlefield
- Angel Kiss – The Sunshine in Me
- Diana Elmas – Spirit High
- Ferum – Love Is
- Sendrei – Beginners’ Luck
- Valeria Barbas – My Tree
- Viola Julea – Before (Twin Flame)
- Viorela Moraru – Tell Me That You Love Me
The decision will be made by those responsible for Moldovan state radio and television, together with a jury.
The live auditions start at 13:00 CET and will be broadcast on channel Moldova 2. You can watch the Moldovan selection process by clicking HERE. The final selection is expected to be announced around 18:00, through the main news program of TRM.
Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all news regarding Moldova’s participation in Eurovision 2022!