The Netherlands: During November the song selection for Eurovision 2023!
After S10’s remarkable result at the last year’s Eurovision Song Contest, the Dutch national broadcaster AVROTROS has already completed the song submission process for Eurovision 2023.
As previously announced, August 31st was the deadline for Dutch artists to submit their proposals in order to represent the country this year.
Cornald Maas, a member from the Dutch representative selection committee, at some of his statements highlighted the importance Eurovision currently holds for The Netherlands. He also mentioned that November will most probably be the month that their participation will be selected.
More specifically, he said:
“In the last years, Eurovision’s prestige has drastically changed in The Netherlands if someone takes into account that four Eurovision 2022 songs charted at the Dutch Top 40 for the first time since 1983.
Many young artists feel they have a chance and that is what I like the most. That unknown talents don’t feel restricted – they submit their song and think: wait, this stage is also there for me.
The participation will most probably be selected during November.“
Maas believes that this year’s submissions won’t surpass those of 2022, although AVROTROS has never announced the number of last year’s submissions.
The members of the selection committee are:
- Carolien Borgers – DJ and music expert
- Hila Noorzai – Eurovision expert
- Eric van Stade – Direct General of AVROTROS
- Cornald Maas – Commentator and Eurovision expert
- Jan Smit – Commentator and presenter
- Sander Lantinga – Radio DJ
The rules that submissions must meet are:
- The song is convincingly distinctive and meets the above description
- A maximum of three songs can be submitted
- The song cannot have been commercially released before September 1st 2022
- The song cannot exceed 3 minutes in length
Last year, The Netherlands has achieved finishing at 11th place at the Grand Final and at second place at the First Semi-Final, with “De Diepte” by S10.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] Get Original Links Here […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!