This morning, the voting process which aimed to select the three members of the jury for Vidbir 2023, the country’s national final for Eurovision 2023, has ended.
The voting was conducted via the Diya app and the Ukrainian audience had the option to choose from 9 potential judges who were: Jamala, Mykhailo Khoma, Zlata Ognevich, Kateryna Pavlenko, Yulia Sanina, Kostyantyn Tomilchenko, Tara Topolya and Valery Kharchyshyn. In total, more than 500 thousand users took part in the voting procedure.
The following artists received the most votes and therefore secured a jury spot:
- Taras Topola – Rock and pop singer, frontman of the band “Antytila”. Volunteer of the 130th battalion of the Territorial Defence Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Co-founder of the ‘ANTYTILA’ charity fund.
- Jamala – Winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 as well as the “Outstanding Artist Leadership Award” from the Atlantic Council of the United States in 2022.
- Yulia Sanina – The main singer of the rock band “The Hardkiss”. She came in second place at Vidbir 2016. She was a judge and mentor of the talent show “X-Factor” and participated in the TV show “Dancing with the Stars”.
The overall results of the poll are as follows:
- Taras Topola – 17,41%
- Jamala – 15,71%
- Yulia Sanina – 15,70%
- Tina Karol – 15,67%
- Mykhailo Khoma – 12,60%
- Kateryna Pavlenko – 9,20%
- Zlata Ognevich – 6,09%
- Valery Kharchyshyn – 5,77%
- Kostyantyn Tomilchenko – 1,85%
The final of Vidbir 2023 will take place on 17 December 2022 in Kiev at Maidan Nezalezhnosti metro station. The winner of the national final will represent Ukraine at the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool. The selection will be made by a combination of public and jury vote.
The 36 artists, of which the 10-12 finalists of Vidbir 2023 will be selected later, are:
- Jerry Heil
- Iana Kovaleva
- Kozak Siromaha
- Lue Bason
- Oy Sound System
- Tember Blanche
- Victoria Niro
- Лилу45 (Lilu45)
- Макс Пташник (Max Ptashnik)
- Мія Рамарі (Mia Ramari)
- Роялькіт (Royalkit)
- Саша Фадєєва (Sasha Fadeeva)
- ТÓНКА (Tonka)
- Циферблат (Chiferblat)
They may not have managed to beat Alina Pash at Vidbir 2022 but Kalush Orchestra with “Stefania” represented Ukraine and were the winners of the Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all the news regarding Ukraine’s participation in Eurovision 2023!