Croatia’s national broadcaster HRT has announced the artists who will compete in Dora 2023, the country’s national final for Eurovision 2023.
From a total of 196 submitted songs, a jury consisting of Željko Mesar, Zlatko Turkalj, Robert Urlić, Ema Gross, Igor Geržina, Željen Klašterka, Ivan Horvat, Tomislav Krizmanić and Dražen Miocić selected 18 entries to compete to represent the country on February 11 and 4 more as back-up.
Among them, as it was already revealed, is Damir Kedžo, who was the winner of Dora 2020 and would have represented the country in the competition had the event not been cancelled. It is also worth noting that the composer of Hana Mašić‘s song Accident is Darko Dimitrov, a distinguished songwriter with a plethora of Eurovision and National Finals entries in the Balkan countries.
The participants of Dora 2023 are:
- ANGELS AND DEMONS – DAMIR KEDŽO
- BYE BYE BLONDE – MERI ANDRAKOVIĆ
- DISTANCE – MARTHA MAY
- DOM – TAJANA BELINA
- FREE FALIN’ – ĐANA
- GRIJEH – BORIS ŠTOK – GRIJEH
- I STILL LIVE – MAJA GRGIĆ
- I WILL WAIT – PATRICIA GASPARINI
- KME KME – KREŠO I KISELE KIŠE
- KRENI DALJE – ENI JURIŠIĆ
- LOST AND FOUND – THE SPLITTERS
- LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT – YOGI
- MAMA ŠČ! – LET 3
- MASTER BLASTER – DETOUR
- NESREĆA – HANA MAŠIĆ
- NEVERA (LEI,LEI) – HARMONIJA DISONANCE
- PUTEM SNOVA – BARBARA MUNJAS
- PUTOVANJE – TOP OF THE POPS FT. MARIO 5REKOVIĆ
In the event that one/some of the above participants do not compete, the following have been appointed as back-up entries:
- SAMA – LANA MANDARIĆ LANCHI
- ODLAZI – MIRNA ŠKRGATI
- ON THE SAME TRAIN – VOICE FOR YOU
- TALKING TO ME – ROSANNA KUMERLE
This year Croatia was represented by Mia Dimšić and the song “Guilty Pleasure“, but failed to make it to the Eurovision Song Contest Final, finishing in 11th place in the First Semi-Final for the second time in a row.
Will Croatia be able to break their curse of 11th place this time? Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all things related to Eurovision!