Greece: The registration for the demoscopic jury opens tomorrow!

As previously announced by ERT President Konstantinos Zoulas, the Greek public television invites all interested fans who wish to be a part of the citizens’ committee – demoscopic jury, that will contribute in the selection of the Greek entry in Eurovision 2023, to apply for participation.

According to the new selection method, along with the ERT experts jury, the public will also have a say as to who will represent Greece, through this special demoscopic jury.

Through a platform that opens tomorrow, December 8 at 10.00 am and will remain open until December 10 at 10.00 am, anyone who wishes to participate in the electronic draw that will determine the 70 members of the demoscopic jury can do so by simply filling in some personal details.

The applicants will then be split into 4 age groups and from each age group a certain number of individuals will be randomly selected :

  • 18 – 25 years old: 25 persons
  • 26-35 years old: 20 persons
  • 36-45 years old: 15 persons
  • 46 years old or older: 10 persons

Those who are selected will be invited to visit the ERT headquarters in Agia Paraskevi, Athens (at their own expense) and rank a small amount of songs that have already been shortlisted by the experts jury. The demoscopic jury will determine 50.6% of the final result, with the remaining 49.4% being determined by ERT’s seven-member experts jury.

Participation in the electronic draw is prohibited to ERT employees, employees of record labels and production companies involved in the selection process, as well as to candidate artists and creators and their first and second degree relatives. The prohibition applies to those involved in all 106 songs and not only to the songs on the final shortlist, which will probably be announced after the members of the demoscopic jury cast their votes.

Those interested in helping ERT to select the Greek entry for Eurovision 2023 can register tomorrow and participate in the electronic draw for the selection of the members of the demoscopic jury by clicking HERE.

Source: ERT

Will you register? Tell us in the comments below!

Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all the developments!

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *