The finnish broadcaster YLE has just made public the seven contestants of UMK 2023, the national final through which the country will be choosing its entry for Eurovision 2023.
363 songs were sent to the broadcaster in order to claim the finnish representation in Liverpool. The chosen seven are the following:
- Keira — “Only Business On The Dancefloor” (Thursday 12 January)
- Benjamin — “Hoida Mut” (Friday 13 January)
- Robin Packalen — “Girls Like You” (Monday 16 January)
- Lxandra — “Something To Lose” (Tuesday 17 January)
- Käärijä — “Cha Cha Cha” (Wednesday 18 January)
- Kuumaa — “Ylivoimainen” (Thursday 19 January)
- Portion boys — “Samaa Taivasta Katsotaan” (Friday 20 January)
Following last year’s release process, the songs will each be released on different days, from 12 to 20 January.
UMK 2023 will take place on the 25th of February and will be held in Logomo, Turku for the second year in a row.
The Rasmus were last year’s UMK winners, going on to represent Finland in Eurovision 2022, where they finished in 21st place in the Grand Final.
Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all news regarding the finnish participation in Eurovision 2023!