Greece: ERT announces its representative for Liverpool in the coming days!

ERT is now in the final stretch for the selection of the artist and the song that will represent Greece at the 67th Eurovision Song Contest, which will take place next May in Liverpool, United Kingdom.

After the vote of the Public Jury, the Christmas break, the time has come for the big decision.

Based on what ERT followed last year, the meetings of the artists and their teams, with the artistic committee and the management of the Greek public television, are now expected, so that the final selection can then be made. In these meetings, the artists gets to know the people of ERT for the first time, while their teams present any plans they have for the stage appearance, promotion abroad, etc.

We remind you that the Greek representative this year will be chose through a 70-member Audience Committee that will determine 50.6% of the verdict, with the remaining 49.4% belonging to the Artistic Committee.

As revealed by Eurovisionfun and subsequently reproduced by all the country’s media, the ranking of the Audience Committee was as follows:

1. Melissa Mantzoukis – Liar

2.Victor Vernicos – What They Say


3. Klavdia – Holy Water
4. Leon of Athens – Somewhere to Go


5/6. Monika – I’m Proud/ Antonia Kaouri & Maria Maragou – Shout Out
7. Konstantina Iosifidou – We are Young

Similar results to those of the Audience Committee were also given by our readers, where with more than 2,000 different votes, they have approximately the same ranking in their preferences. You can see the results of our Poll HERE.

The fluid political scene and the upcoming national elections with all that this entails for the extra workload of ERT, was also the reason for the slight delay in the announcement of the Greek representative, since according to the original plan this was expected in mid-January and not at the end of it, as it will eventually be.

Stay tuned at Eurovisionfun for all the updates!

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *