The public broadcaster of Moldova, namely TRM, has already confirmed that they are going to choose their representative and song for Eurovision 2023 through a national final.
Just some time ago, TRM announced the 33 participants of the national final and revealed their competing songs:
- Formaţia Vele – “Jocul neamului moldovenesc”
- Corina Ivanov – “When Love’s Real”
- NÖRDIKA – “Skueeze Paradise”
- Nihilist & Lisa Nicky – “Final Destination”
- NÖRDIKA – “Damn and down”
- Victor Gulick – ”Let’s Dance”
- Donia – “Red Zone”
- Surorile Osoianu – “Bade, bădişor, bădiţă”
- OL – “Why You Play It Cool”
- Adelina Iordachi – “Deja Vu”
- Nikko T. – “Destiny”
- Y-Limit – “Live in Harmony”
- Crista – “Pădure verde pădure”
- Sunstroke Project – “Yummy Mommy”
- NR 11 – “Adio”
- VERA – “Vremea ta”
- Massimo Sinceri – “In Questo Domani”
- Sasha Bognibov – “My Favourite Schoolgirl”
- Rise – “Don’t trumble”
- Lisa Volk – “Scrisoare către ţară”
- ADA DEEA – “Mystic Rose”
- COSMINA – “Indestructible”
- Angel Kiss – “Now I Know”
- Gesica Sîrbu – “I’m in love”
- Aliona Moon – “Du-mă”
- Tania Pituşcan – “Mioriţa”
- Pasha Parfeni – “Soarele şi luna”
- Ricky Ardezianu – “Una rosa rossa”
- Harmony Scuffle – “Favourite One”
- Valeria Condrea – “We’re now different”
- LOLA – “Temperatura”
- Diana Elmas – “Miracle”
- Nino – “It would be nice”
In the the 33 participants we can see well-known names such as previous representatives of Moldova, Pasha Parfeni (Eurovision 2012), Aliona Moon (Eurovision 2013) and Sunstroke Project (Eurovision 2010, 2017) as well as previous contestants of Moldovan national finals such as VERA (O melodie pentru Europa 2019).
Another interesting information, is that Mike Connaris’ song, with which Cynthia Verazie submitted to the Greek broadcaster ERT for Eurovision 2023, will now take part in Moldova’s national final, performed by Corina Ivanov!
Some of the songs have already being released, however you can listen to all of them in the official Moldovan website about Eurovision Song Contest, by clicking HERE.
What’s next for the Moldovan national final
Examination of submissions
- The live auditions of the artists
- The final audition
- The National Final
The Live Auditions will take place on January 28 ,in the studios of the Moldovan Public Television. The auditions will be broadcasted live on the television channel Moldova 2 and on its website, as well as on www.eurovision.md.
The score of the audition will be decided solely by the jury. The composition of the judging team will be made public only on the day of the respective stage. The jury will consist of an odd number of members (minimum 3, maximum 5) and will be different from the one in the National Final.
Likewise, on January 28, Moldova 1 television station will host a special edition about the live auditions with the participation of experts in the field and members of the jury. In this edition, the list of finalists will be announced. In accordance with the rules, the first 10 contestants, who will accumulate the highest score in the live auditions, will compete in the National Final.
But until we learn who is going to represent Moldova in Eurovision 2023, lets remember their song for last year’s contest. Last year, Moldova was represented by Zdob şi Zdub and the Advahov Brothers for the first time with the song “Trenuleţul” which finished in 7th place in the Grand Final while also managing to secure the 2nd place in the televote:
Stay tuned on Eurovisionfun for all the news regarding the Moldovan participation at the Eurovision Song Contest 2023, in Liverpool!