The Melodi Grand Prix 2023 continues tonight, through which Norway will choose its representative for Eurovision 2023 which will take place next May in Liverpool, UK.
Melodi Grand Prix 2023 consists of four shows: three heats and the grand final, from which the representative of the Scandinavian country in the 67th Eurovision Song Contest will emerge. Seven artists participate in each semifinal, with the best three of them in the ranking advancing to the final.
After three shows we have reached the night of the grand final, in which a total of nine artists will participate and claim the representation of Norway in this year’s contest.
Three artists have already secured their place in the grand final on February 4. These artists are:
- Umami Tsunami feat. Kyle Alessandro, Kristian Haugstøyl & Magnus Winjum – “Geronimo“
- Ulrikke Brandstorp – “Honestly“
- Alessandra Mele – “Queen of Kings“
Seven artists take part in tonight’s MGP 2023 heat vying for one of three “tickets” to the grand final of the Norwegian national selection. These artists are:
- JONE — “Ekko inni meg” (Echo in me)
- Sandra Lyng — “Drøm d bort” (Dream it away)
- Alejandro Fuentes — “Fuego”
- Swing’it — “Prohibition”
- Elsie Bay — “Love you in a dream”
- Ella — “Waist”
- Bjørn Olav Edvardsen — “Turn Off My Heart”
Presenters of the evening will be Arian Engebø and Stian Thorbjørnsen.
You can watch the night of the second heat of MGP 2023 at 19:50 CET through the official website of NRK, by clicking HERE.
Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all news regarding Norway’s participation in Eurovision 2023!