Spain’s broadcaster, RTVE, announced a while ago the jury for Benidorm Fest, the country’s national final for Eurovision 2023.
The committee consists of:
- Nina (Spanish singer, representative of Spain in 1989)
- Christer Bjorkman (Swedish singer and producer, former head of Melodifestivalen)
- Tali Eshkoli (Israeli television producer and Israel’s HoD)
- Nicola Caligiore (Italian, former HoD of Italy)
- Katrina Leskanich (American singer, UK representative in 1997)
- William Lee Adams (founder of wiwibloggs)
- Irene Valiente (Spanish presenter and producer)
- Juan Jose Santana (Spanish, president of OGAE Spain and composer of past Spanish entries)
Benidorm Fest 2023:
18 artists will participate in two Semi-Finals, which will take place on January 31st and February 2nd. Four songs from each semi-final will advance to the final. The Grand Final on February 4 will feature the eight finalists. The winner of Benidorm Fest will be Spain’s representative at the 67th European competition, which will be held in Liverpool next May.
The result will be decided through a mixed voting system between the jury and the public vote which will include televoting and poll jury.
50% of the score will correspond to the jury
The remaining 50% will be made up of the public vote (where 25% by televoting and the remaining 25% by a polling jury).
The communications director of RTVE announced that throughout the week of the festival there will be daily related events throughout the city, as well as concerts with artists from the previous event as well as several who did not manage to be in the final selection this year.
Also, on Friday, February 3, from 9 to 12 at night, the Euroclub will be opened where, among others, last year’s representatives of Albania and Romania, Ronela Hajati and WRS, will be present.
As if all this were not enough, during this week the “tapafest” will also take place, the purpose of which according to the organizers is to promote Spanish gastronomy, as 28 locals will compete in cooking and visitors to the city will be able to “not only to try this very Spanish dish, but also to choose the best one”.
Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all the developments regarding Spain’s participation in Eurovision 2023, in Liverpool!