Spain: Tonight the First Semi-Final of Benidorm Fest 2023!
The moment that all Spanish Eurofans have been eagerly waiting for has arrived, as today the curtain opens for Benidorm Fest 2023, the selection method for Spain’s Eurovision 2023 entry.
This year’s Benidorm Fest presenters will be presenter Inés Hernández, singer Mónica Naranjo and presenter Rodrigo Vázquez.
In the list below you will see the nine artists and their nominated songs for Benidorm Fest 2023 (You can listen to the songs by clicking on the track titles):
- Agoney – “Quiero arder”
- Alice Wonder – “Yo quisiera”
- Aritz Arén – “Flamenco”
- Fusa Nocta – “Mi familia”
- Megara – “Arcadia”
- Meler – “No nos moverán”
- Sharonne – “Aire”
- Sofía Martín – “Tuki“
- Twin Melody – “Sayonara”
A total of 18 songs will take part in Benidorm Fest 2023 after being selected by the competent jury of RTVE. Nine songs will participate in each of the two semi-finals, with the best four advancing to the Grand Final.
The jury of this year’s festival is particularly interesting, as it consists of:
- Nina (Spanish singer, representative of Spain in 1989)
- Christer Bjorkman (Swedish singer and producer, former head of Melodifestivalen)
- Tali Eshkoli (Israeli television producer and Israel’s head of mission)
- Nicola Caligiore (Italian, former head of mission of Italy)
- Katrina Leskanich (American singer, UK representative in 1997)
- William Lee Adams (founder of wiwibloggs)
- Irene Valiente (Spanish presenter and producer)
- Juan Jose Santana (Spanish, president of OGAE Spain and composer of past Spanish entries)
In the Grand Final, as in the two semi-finals, the result will be decided by 50% by the jury, 25% by a poll panel and 25% by the public vote.
The first semi-final of Benidorm Fest 2023 will take place tonight at 22:50 CET and will last just under two hours. You can watch it through the official website of RTVE, by clicking HERE.
Until we know who will represent Spain at Eurovision 2023, let’s remember the country’s participation in last year’s competition. The previous winner of the Benidorm Fest and Spain’s representative at Eurovision 2022 was Chanel with the song “SloMo” and she finished 3rd in the Grand Final giving Spain its best place since 1995:
Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all the developments regarding Spain’s participation in Eurovision 2023 in Liverpool!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!