Sweden: The Second Melodifestivalen 2023 Heat had the lowest TV ratings since 2006!
SVT saw almost a massive 65.000 viewer-decrease in ratings compared to the 1st Heat and a drop of over 100.000 viewers compared to last year’s show. That led to SVT getting a total of 2.731.000 viewers for last week’s show, however, MMS has not revealed the viewing share for this heat.
That means that last week’s show figures were the third lowest rating numbers for a Melodifestivalen Second Heat of all time. The last time there were lower ratings was back in 2006 when the show was in parallel with the Winter Olympics held in Turin, Italy.
Second Heat Results
Maria Sur – “Never Give Up“
Panetoz – “On My Way“
THEOZ – “Mer av dig“
Tennessee Tears – “Now I Know“
The heats are following the touring concept again, after SVT had pulled back last year due to health restrictions in Sweden, with the finals being held at Friends Arena!
With the next show of the contest on Saturday February the 18th, Melodifestivalen will take place in Lidköping, then Malmö and Örnsköldsvik follow and finally the final show in Stockholm on the 11th of March.
The detailed schedule of Melodifestivalen 2023 is described below:
- Heat 1: Göteborg – Saturday 4 February 2023 (Scandinavium)
- Heat 2: Linköping – Saturday 11 February 2023 (Saab Arena)
- Heat 3: Lidköping – Saturday 18 February 2023 (Sparbanken Arena)
- Heat 4: Malmö – Saturday 25 February 2023 (Malmö Arena)
- Semi-Final: Örnsköldsvik – Saturday 4 March 2023 (Hägglunds Arena)
- Final: Stockholm – Satuday 11 March 2023 (Friends Arena)
Stay tuned at Eurovisionfun, for all the latest developments regarding Sweden’s entry for Eurovision 2023!
Photo: SVT/Alma Bengtsson
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!