Ukraine is about to finish the selection process for their Eurovision 2023 jurors. The selection of the Ukrainian jury has been very inclusive with the audience being involved through their votes.
According to broadcaster Suspilne, people have casted more than 700,000 votes for their preferred jurors. The voting process has now closed and soon we will know the names of the five jurors that will represent Ukraine. In total 724,000 Ukrainians have participated in the selection process of the Ukrainian jury.
The names of the jurors will be revealed on May 13.
The hopeful jurors are:
- Roxolana – Finalist in Vidbir 2022
- Olena Hrebenyuk – Opera singer
- Mykhailo Klymenko – Singer, composer and producer
- Amador Lopez – Singer, choreographer and presenter
- Tonya Matvienko – Honoured artist of Ukraine
- Oleksandr “Fozzie” Sydorenko – Member of TNMK
- Oleg Sobchuk – Frontman and founder of Skay
- Svitlana Tarabarova – Singer, composer and songwriter
- Yevhen Khmara – Composer
- Olena Shoptenko – Choreographer and world champion in sports ballroom dancing
The names that received the most votes will get the chance to form part of the jury. The candidate receiving the most votes will be Head of the Ukrainian Jury.
In case one of the candidates with the most votes decide not to be part of the jury, the invitation will go to the next person with the most votes.
Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for more news about Ukraine in Eurovision 2023!