At the presentation of AmaSanremo, the competition through which 6 finalists for the Giovani category of Sanremo 2021 will emerge, the artistic director and presenter of the Festival, Amadeus, revealed that the final decisions of RAI will be announced in January, since no one can already knows what will happen with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Amadeus said that both he and the RAI people are working to have a safe Sanremo from March 2 to 6, with the audience in the stands of the Teatro Ariston. Unfortunately, the evolution with the pandemic is such that nothing can be ruled out. Any decisions, however, will be made in January.
However, regardless of what will eventually happen and what RAI will decide, all the procedures related to Sanremo 2021 continue normally. Amadeus has already revealed that the interest in the Big category is twice as high as last year, from all record companies and independent musicians. He characteristically stated that among the candidates we will see well-known names, but also contemporary artists who are now making a success.
The director of RAI1, Stefano Coletta confirmed what Amadeus said, adding that nothing is a given at the moment and especially for the presence or not of the public, they will decide at the last minute, taking into account the epidemiological situation that will prevail.
We remind you that according to the recently announced Sanremo 2021 regulations, the winner of the big category will have the opportunity if he/she wishes to represent Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest. In case of refusal then RAI will select another contestant of the big category, most likely following the final ranking of the festival. The artists of the big category of Sanremo 2021 will be announced on the night of the selection of the 8 finalists of the Giovani category, in the Casino of the City of Sanremo, on the 17th of December.
The winner of Sanremo 2020 and the representative of Italy in Eurovision 2020 that was finally canceled, was Diodato with Fai Rumore: