Latvia: Supernova 2023 jury members have been revealed!
Latvian broadcaster LTV has revealed the jury members who voted in Supernova, the country’s national final, determining 50% of the result to select the Baltic country’s representatives for Eurovision 2023.
The eight-member jury consisted of the following six Latvians and two international jurors :
- Anna Platpīre – LTV content editor
- Arvīds Babris – Director of LTV
- Aija Auškāpa – Director of the Prāta vētra record label
- Karīna Tropa – Singer and vocal coach
- Maija Sējāne – Singer and music producer
- Magnuss Eriņš – Radio personality and DJ
- Gediminas Jaunius (Lithuania) – TV director and producer
- Edward van de Vendel (Netherlands) – Journalist
The jury awarded its 12 points to the band Sudden Lights, who won Supernova 2023 representing Latvia in Liverpool with the song Aijā.
Latvia narrowly missed out on qualifying for the Eurovision 2023 Grand Final by finishing 11th in the First Semi-Final with 34 points, just 3 points behind Serbia. It is worth noting that Sudden Lights received 8 points from the “rest of the world” vote in the First Semi-Final.
Follow us in all our social media, so you don’t miss a thing of what’s happening in the world of Eurovision:
Stay tuned on EurovisionFun for all the news regarding Eurovision!