With the official Eurovision season starting today, September 1st, Finland announces the opening of song submissions for its national final UMK, which will be used again in 2023 to determine the Finnish entry in our beloved contest.
Finland’s broadcaster Yle, in particular, has published the following submission rules:
- Song demos (which must not have been previously released) must be sent to Yle between September 1st and 5th
- A singer can send up to three entries, but only one will be considered for participation in the national final
- Any other members of a participating singer’s team/band, such as composers, songwriters, can participate with multiple artists
- At least one songwriter and one singer must be a Finnish citizen or a permanent resident of Finland
- Entries must comply with EBU rules (no longer than three minutes, no offensive lyrics etc.)
- A panel of experts will select the songs that will finally compete at UMK 2023. All selected participants must send the final version of their song by November 3rd.
- The UMK 2023 final will be held in February 2023. The winner will be decided by a combination of jury and public voting.
Song submissions for the Finnish selection are therefore open until September 5th. Who will succeed The Rasmus, who took the 21st place in Eurovision 2022?
Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all news regarding Eurovision 2023!