After a short break in 2021, when Dadi Freyr was internally selected to represent Iceland, Söngvakeppnin returns to select the country’s entry for Eurovision 2022.
Iceland’s broadcaster, RUV, officially announced the 10 entries selected to compete in the semifinals of Söngvakeppnin 2022 tomorrow.
The competing artists and entries in Söngvakeppnin 2022 are :
1st Semi Final :
- Amarosis – “Don’t you know”
- Stefán Óli – “Ljósið” (The light)/ “All I know”
- Haffi Haff – “Gía” / “Volcano”
- Stefanía Svavarsdóttir – “Hjartað mitt” (My heart) / “Heart of mine”
- Sigga, Beta & Elín – “Með hækkandi sól” (With the rising sun)
2nd Semi Final :
- Hanna Mia and the Astrotourists – “Séns með þér” (See you soon) / “Gemini”
- Katla – “Þaðan af” (From there) / “Then again”
- Markéta Irglová – “Mögulegt” (Possible) / “Possible”
- Reykjavikurdaetur – “Tökum af stað” (Let’s get started) / “Turn this around”
- Suncity and Sanna – “Hækkum í botn” (Let’s go to the bottom) / “Keep it cool”
You can listen to all of the songs here
As usual, all the candidates will sing their songs in Icelandic in the semifinals, while in the final they have the option to perform the English versions.
The 2 semifinals will be held on February 26 and March 5. From each semifinal 2 out of 5 contestants will qualify for the final, which will take place on March 12. The jury can choose one of the 6 artists who were eliminated to compete in the final as a wildcard.
The final will consist of 2 rounds. In the first round, the audience and the jury will choose which 2 acts will advance to the Super Final, where the winner will be determined exclusively by the televoters.
Söngvakeppnin 2022 will be presented by Björg Magnúsdóttir, Jón Jónsson and Ragnhildur Steinunn Jónsdóttir.
In 2021 Iceland was represented by Dadi Freyr with his band and the song “10 years” and finished 4th with 378 points, the best result of the country since 2009.
Stay tuned to EurovisionFun for all the news concerning Iceland in the competition!