Yle, the Finnish national broadcaster, has released the rules for UMK 2023.
Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu (UMK) will be used for the 12th time to select the Finnish entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. Yle published the rules for the 2023 edition of the contest.
Some of the rules include:
- The demo must be delivered to Yle between the 1st and the 5th of September 2022. Only demos that arrive on time and comply with these rules are accepted in the
- The lead singer(s) may participate in the competition with a maximum of three (3) songs although only one (1) song is eligible for continuation. Band members can participate in more than one song and composers, lyricists and arrangers (hereafter ‘songwriters’) may participate in the competition with several songs.
- The singer(s) or the band performing the song on the demo must be the final performer of the song.
- At least one songwriter and one lead singer must be a Finnish citizen or have permanent residence in Finland.
- Entries must comply with EBU rules (no longer than three minutes, no insulting lyrics etc).
- An expert panel will choose the UMK 2023 entries. Any chosen entrants must send in the final version of their song by November 3.
The final of UMK 2023 will be held in February 2023. The winner will be decided by a combination of jury voting and public voting.
The Rasmus represented Finland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 with “Jezebel”. They came 21st in the final with a total of 38 points.
Stay tuned on Eurovisionfun for all the news regarding the Eurovision Song Contest!