Finnish public television, YLE, has announced the seven candidates to compete in UMK 2022, the country’s selection for Eurovision 2022.
312 songs were submitted to claim Finland’s representation in Turin. In total, more than 1,000 people participated in the creation of the songs that were sent to the YLE’s offices. Led by Tapio Hakanen, the music director of YleX, the UMK-Raad, made up of music professionals, had the demanding job of selecting seven songs and artists for the 2022 competition.
The candidates of UMK2022
The seven candidates are:
- Cyan Kicks – Hurricane
- Bess – Ram pam pam
- The Rasmus – Jezebel
- Younghearted – Sun numero
- Olivera – Thank God I’m an Atheist
- Tommi Läntinen – Elämä kantaa mua
- Isaac Sene – Kuuma jäbä
Like last year, every day from January 13, one of the seven songs of the National Final with Lyric Video will be released.
In detail, the dates for the publication of this year’s entries are as follows:
- January 13 (Cyan Kicks – Hurricane)
- January 14 (Bess – Ram pam pam)
- January 17 (The Rasmus – Jezebel)
- January 18 (Younghearted – Sun numero)
- January 19 (Olivera – Thank God I’m an Atheist)
- January 20 (Tommi Läntinen – Elämä kantaa mua)
- January 21 (Isaac Sene – Kuuma jäbä)
UMK 2022 will take place on February 26 at Logomo in Turku.
Finland last year with the Blind Channel and the song Dark Side returned to the top ten 15 years after their first and only victory in the contest.
Stay tuned to Eurovisionfun for all the news regarding Finland’s participation in Eurovision 2022!