The American Song Contest 2022 has just ended with Oklahoma winning the contest with the song Wonderland. 25-year-old AleXa from Oklahoma won the American Song Contest 2022, receiving 710 points. Colorado was second while Kentucky ended up in third place.
In tonight’s grand final the following artists participated:
- Connecticut – Michael Bolton – Beautiful World
- North Dakota – Chloe Fredericks – Can’t Make You Love Me
- Texas – Grant Knoche – Mr. Independent
- Alabama – Ni/Co – The Difference
- Kentucky – Jordan Smith – Sparrow
- Washington – Allen Stone – A Bit of Both
- American Samoa – Tenelle – Full Circle
- Oklahoma – AleXa – Wonderland
- Tennessee – Tyler Braden – Seventeen
- Colorado – Riker Lynch – Feel the Love
At the beginning of the final, Snoop Dogg and Kelly Clarkson announced the system by which the results of the final will be announced. The 56-state judges were divided into 10 regions with each region awarding 1-7, 8, 10 and 12 points. In the public vote, each state voted separately while using the same system as the judges which resulted in the public vote determining 85% of the results!
The detailed results of the juries were as follows:
The overall results after the public votes:
You can listen to AleXa’s winning entry here:
Follow us on all social media, so you do not miss a moment of what will happen in Turin:
Stay tuned at Eurovisionfun for all the updates regarding Eurovision 2022!