Earlier today, the Ukrainian public begun voting in order to determine the three jury members for Vidbir 2023, the country’s national final for Eurovision 2023.
UA:PBC, the public broadcaster of Ukraine, started the voting process a few hours ago, in order for the public to decide the jurors they want to see voting in the national final. Nine music professionals have been shortlisted , from which three artists have also represented Ukraine in the contest.
The nine possible jurors are:
- Jamala – Winner of Eurovision 2016
- DZIDZIO (Mykhailo Khoma) – Singer and Composer
- Zlata Ognevich – Representative of Ukraine in Eurovision 2013
- Kateryna Pavlenko (Member of GO_A) – Representative of Ukraine in Eurovision 2020 και 2021
- Yulia Sanina – Lead singer of THE HARDKISS
- Kostyantyn Tomilchenko – Creative Producer of The Masked Singer, X-Factor and Ukraine’s Got Talent
- Tara Topolya – Head of the Antitila band
- Valery Kharchyshyn – Head of Druha Rika
The voting is taking place through the Diya app and will be open until November 7 at 10:00 Ukrainian time. The three jurors that will get the most amount of points will be invted in the jury of the Ukrainian selection.
The final of Vibdir 2023 is set to take place on the 17th of December 2022 in Kyiv at the Maidan Nezalezhnosti metro station. The winner of the final will represent Ukraine at the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in the United Kingdom. The voting system will once again be a combination of public voting and a jury.
These are the 36 shortlisted artists, from which the 10-12 will advance to compete in the national final:
- Jerry Heil
- Iana Kovaleva
- Kozak Siromaha
- Lue Bason
- Oy Sound System
- Tember Blanche
- Victoria Niro
- Лилу45 (Lilu45)
- Макс Пташник (Max Ptashnik)
- Мія Рамарі (Mia Ramari)
- Роялькіт (Royalkit)
- Саша Фадєєва (Sasha Fadeeva)
- ТÓНКА (Tonka)
- Циферблат (Chiferblat)
Despite coming second in Vidbir and Ukraine’s reprentatives, Kalush Orchestra were also the winners of Eurovision Song Contest 2022 with their song “Stefania”:
Stay tuned on Eurovisionfun for all the news regarding the Ukrainian participation at the Eurovision Song Contest 2023, in Liverpool!