Romania: Selecția Națională 2023 will take place only with televote!

Earlier today, Romania’s public broadcaster, TVR, announced that they are going to make some changes regarding they way they face the Eurovision Song Contest, after some controversies in 2022.

The channel’s Board of Directors signed the 2023 budget a few hours ago, and the money for Eurovision 2023 and the national final, was also included in it.

Based on TVR’s announcement on the Eurovision 2023 project, the Project Manager Mihai Predescu said:

“We are a new team and we propose a different Eurovision contest, based on transparency, professionalism and digitization. We changed the voting system: only the public will choose the piece that will represent Romania. And one more thing: this Eurovision will be on air on TVR and much more present than in the past online, on social media networks”

It’s worth saying that this is quite a difference, as in last year’s national final, the public vote only determined 17% of the final result, while the remaining 83% was determined by the jury.

The next days, TVR will finalise the remaing details of the selection process and will make an open call for songs, as soon as possible.

The previous winner of Selecția Națională and Romania’s representative in Eurovision 2022 was WRS with the song “Llámame“ and ended up in 18th place in the Grand Final, while also bringing his country back to the final after three consequtive non-qualifications.

Stay tuned on Eurovisionfun for all the news regarding the Romanian participation at the Eurovision Song Contest 2023, in Liverpool!


0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *